Yummy GLUTEN-FREE Carrot Cake!
Here’s my favorite recipe for Carrot Cake, a big fave in our house. It’s gluten-free and takes just a few minutes to make. Try it!
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (I use Trader Joe’s almond meal)
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated carrots (you can buy pre-shredded carrots to save time
- 3/4 cups honey
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Additional grated carrot for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare cake, blend honey, eggs, and applesauce.
- Add in the almond flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Mix in the carrots, raisins and nuts.
- Spoon batter into a 8 x 8-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To prepare frosting, combine butter and cream cheese in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla just until smooth. Spread frosting over top of cake. Garnish each serving with grated carrot, if desired. ENJOY!!