Baby Massage Shirt™
Learn to soothe your baby with simple baby massage techniques! Designed by Certified Infant Massage Instructor Michelle Ebbin, the Baby Massage Shirt is a 100% cotton shirt with a unique design on the front and back that shows how and where to massage your baby to relieve many common problems.
Available in two sizes, a onesie (for babies 0-6 mos.) and a t-shirt (for babies 6-12 mos.), the Baby Massage Shirt comes with an easy-to-follow, instructional booklet that explains how to use massage to nurture and bond with your baby. By combining touch, intimacy, play and care-giving, baby massage provides tremendous physical and psychological benefits for a baby, and can be used as a tool for nurturing and maintaining a child’s health and well-being for many years.
Benefits of Baby Massage:
- Promotes faster weight gain
- Stimulates baby’s neurological development
- Soothes baby’s nervous system
- Helps baby sleep better
- Strengthens growth & regulates baby’s respiratory, circulatory growth & gastrointestinal functions
- Relieves gas, constipation, colic, skin rashes, teething pain
- Enhances baby’s sense of touch & provides fascinating sensory experience
- Stimulates the brain & contributes to mental growth and development
Baby Massage Research
Touch is one of the most essential elements to a baby’s healthy physical and psychological development, and it is an easy way to nurture the bond between parent and child. In a study conducted by Dr. Tiffany Field at the University of Miami’s Touch Research Institute, premature babies who were massaged for 15 minutes, three times a day for two weeks, gained 47% more weight and were discharged six days earlier from the hospital, than babies who were not massaged, saving the hospital $10,000 per infant. The babies who were massaged appeared more alert and active, and they showed more mature neurological development than babies who were not massaged.